BOXED EDITION -
Truly worthy of the accolade 'Air Liner'
‘Airliner' was coined to convey an airborne comparison to the beautiful passenger ships that traversed the world's oceans before them. The reality then was that airliners were small, noisy and a torment of cramped discomfort; well not anymore! This controversial modern behemoth defies simple description and becomes a list of superlatives. Over half as much cabin again as the Boeing 747, but let not the appellation 'Superjumbo' suggest sloth.
Cruising at Mach 0.89, with a maximum of Mach 0.96 the A380 touches the edges of the sound barrier, whilst serving drinks to 853 passengers in quiet comfort. Wilco’s simulation is equally 'fast' in the simulator having been fully optimized to ensure frame-rate friendly performance.
Military aircraft commonly sacrifice range for high speed but not so in the Airbus A380, the four Rolls-Royce Trent or GP7270 engines can propel this leviathan over 15,200Km at its designed operating load.
New York to Hong Kong non-stop is just a walk in the park for the mighty A380!
Introduction to the simulated A380
As a brand new aircraft in our skies it is only fitting that you will be asked to take this glorious aircraft on its maiden flight, completing required tests according to ground instruction. Such missions include full English audio complete with subtitles in English, French or German.
If this is your first step up from the Piper Cub panic not. This Wilco simulation includes three levels of realism. Initially just fly for fun without looking at any manual and as your skills grow and you feel the need for challenge, hone your true skills on the authentic procedures and simulated systems. Fly this aircraft from 'cold and dark' or simply 'ready to roll'.
Externally this new is a highly detailed rendition of the Airbus A380, fully-modeled in 3DSMAX and finished with high resolution reflective textures featuring dynamic shine and realistic night lighting. The fleet represents thirteen carriers including the first Airbus delivery - Singapore Airlines. The easy to use Paint Kit ensures that additions are swift and easy as new customers make their orders.
As expected from developer FeelThere, the simulation model includes hydraulic suspension, flaps, slats, spoilerons, speed brakes, thrust reversers, doors and hatches, and is fully connected to FSX jetway and service vehicle animations. It even has flexible wings!
With such a huge aircraft multiple FSX viewpoints including Gear, Wing, Belly, Cabin help truly appreciate the detail in this design.
Your second thought on entering the passenger cabins will be an appreciation of quality; your first thought will be ''big!' Luxury first class, economy and even sleeper cabins are all replicated. The aircraft can be flown from either the Captain or the Co-Pilot’s seat within the virtual cockpit and is complete with real crew announcements! Looking out, the altitude is clearly evident – even prior to take off.
Flying the Airbus A380 for FSX
The cockpit faithfully replicates the flagship glass cockpit of the airbus range. Within the simulation, vector graphic GDI+ technology ensures smooth scalable display. The A380’s advanced digital avionics are replicated here with CAT II and III landing certification. The 2D panels include multiple sub-panels whilst the interactive 3D virtual cockpit is exactly as the real aircraft. Day and night lighting is beautifully recreated. TCAS Traffic and Collision Avoidance System should keep you safe amidst other aircraft while the Ground Proximity Warning System (GPWS) with caution messages will keep you clear of terrain. The fully working Inertial Reference System (IRS) will further help ensure it is the terrain you were expecting!
The FMS delivers basic and advanced systems complete with SID/STAR management and with typical Wilco/FeelThere attention to usability: all FMC parameters can be included within saved flights. The Airbus EFIS is fully simulated: Primary Flight Display (PFD), Navigation Display (ND), Engine/Warning Display (E/WD), System Display (SD) with all the system pages available. Pop up EFIS screens are particularly useful for multiple-monitor hardware. The autopilot also includes ALL the airbus specific modes.
Other systems include Radio management panel, realistic Auto-Brake, and fully featured FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) system. Naturally in such a sophisticated delivery, the simulation is complete with an integrated configuration module accessible directly through the simulator’s pull down menus, and is compatible with Go-Flight modules (excluding GF-MCP Pro) and Track IR
With fully adjustable complexity the only problem for the novice or expert alike is with an 80m wingspan – where do you park it!
Aircraft Features (for FSX)
- Highly detailed replica of the Airbus A380
- Flight Simulator X only : Jetways connection animations.
- NEW : Three realism levels available: beginner, intermediate and expert. Beginner users won't have to read tons of documentation to fly, intermediate users will have more realism while enjoying some FS "shortcuts", while expert users will have to follow actual procedures.
- Flight Simulator X Viewpoints : Gear, Wing, Belly, Cabin, ...
- 3DSMax exterior/interior models with high resolution reflectives textures, dynamic shine, realistic night lighting,...
- Numerous international liveries : Airbus livery - Air France - British Airways - China Southern Airlines - Emirates - Etihad Airways - Korean Air Lines - Lufthansa - Qantas Airways - Singapore Airlines - Virgin Atlantic Airways.
- Outstanding 3D Cabin : luxury First Class, economy class, sleeper cabins,...
- Ultra realistic digital 'FLY-BY-WIRE' technology.
- Real simulation from complete Cold & Dark cockpit to full auto landing.
- Real cabin crew announcements !
- Numerous sound effects
- Flexible wings
- Numerous animations : hydraulic suspension, flaps, slats, spoilerons, speed brakes, thrust reversers, passengers door, cargo hatches, ...
- Frame-rate friendly
- Easy-to-use Paint Kit to create your own airline and share them on the net (Photoshop required).
- McPhat textures here
Panel Features (for FSX)
- Glass cockpit with advanced digital avionics, CAT II and III landing certification.
- 2D panel with multiple subpanels : overhead, pedestal,...
- Interactive 3D Virtual Cockpit - Exactly as the real aircraft !
- Traffic and Collision Avoidance System (TCAS)
- Ability to save your flights including ALL FMC programmed parameters.
- Day and night lighting.
- Aircraft flyable from the Captain or First Officer's seat from the Virtual Cockpit.
- Hotspots on the panel to ease access to 2D panels.
- Pop up EFIS screens for multi-monitor displays, resizable and detachable for any additional monitor use.
- Vector graphics displays (GDI+ technology) for nicer and smoother graphics.
EFIS Features (for FSX)
- All the Airbus EFIS are available: Primary Flight Display (PFD), Navigation Display (ND), Engine/Warning Display (E/WD), System Display (SD), with all the system pages available
- All the EFIS screens are developed with vector graphics technology that makes them detachable and resizable without any quality loss, and their brightness is adjustable.
Advanced Configuration Module (for FSX)
- Integrated module accessible through the Flight Simulator pull-down menu
Systems Features (for FSX)
- Ground Proximity Warning System (GPWS) and caution messages.
- Radio Management panel.
- Realistic auto-brake system.
- Inertial Reference System (IRS) - Fully working Navigational System
- Fully featured Fly-by-Wire system
- Fully featured autopilot system, with ALL the Airbus specific modes
- Fully featured FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) system
- Alert system
- Go Flight modules (except GF-MCP Pro) & Track IR Deluxe Pack.
FS Compatibility - System Requirements
Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX OR Flight Simulator 2004
Windows XP or Vista 32bit Edition
Processor – Pentium IV – 1.4 GHz
64-128Mb Graphic Card
900Mb Hard drive space
PLEASE NOTE: All products are priced in US Dollars.
Conversions shown for British Pounds or Euros are approximate based on the current exchange rate and may vary by the time your payment is processed by your bank.