DOWNLOAD EDITION -
This is the FSX/FS2004 version of the multi-award winning SIAI-Marchetti SF260, featuring a VC created from the ground up to take advantage of the new features made possible by FSX. It includes an improved version of our popular Smooth Gauge Technology, an improved flight model with the ability to accurately spin and side-slip, plus much more.
Flying the SF260
The challenge when designing this aircraft was not only to create an aerobatic, lively and highly entertaining machine, but also to ensure the SF260 was completely smooth, controllable and able to cruise superbly well. We have gone to much trouble to ensure that this aircraft is not only light to the touch and great fun to fly, just like the real SF260, but also capable of great finesse and subtlety. You will find the controls very responsive, but at the same time allowing a very fine degree of control to be applied to all stages of flight. You can set a precise climb speed with trim, and this aircraft will hold that speed exactly, from 100 to 12,000 ft or so. Conversely, this aircraft is also capable of rolling at 120 degrees per second at high speed, and looping at up to 6 positive G.
Spinning is one of the most satisfying manoeuvres, and we are very proud to have made an aircraft with the capability of spinning properly. To us, this means the aircraft must be able to autorotate, without increasing airspeed, by stalling then applying full rudder.
Apart from aerobatics, the SF260 is capable of cruising at up to 182 KT on its single, naturally aspirated Lycoming IO-540, climb at up to 1,800 FPM, while also providing a highly stable and controllable platform during all phases of IFR flight. The SF260 has been so successful at fulfilling the above criteria, that it is now being used in flight-training roles.
The FSX SF260 VC gauges are completely new, being a further advance on our already highly-acclaimed FS2004 'smooth-gauges'. They feature the same silky smooth movement and ultra clear graphics of our FS2004 smooth-gauges, but now they're truly 3D and even clearer than before. You can see this by looking at the gauges from an angle - gauges such as the HSI and artificial horizon show this 3D detail the best.
For the first time in the history of the RealAir SF260, we have included a panel layout that is designed to be flown from the left seat, as well as the traditional SF260 right-seat panel. While most SF260s are flown from the right seat, many civilian version have left seat panels. GA pilots will feel much more at home in the left seat biased cockpit.
Also new to the FSX version of the SF260 are the multiple VC camera views that allow you to effortlessly zoom in close to important gauges at the click of a button. Also included are close-up views of the radio and IFR instrumentation, with the panel taking up most of the screen. These views combined with the incredibly smooth gauge movement and smooth airfile makes precise IFR manoeuvres easier to achieve than ever before in Micorosft flight simulator!
To tune the radios you now have the oprion of click and drag with the left or right mouse button on the 3D knobs. This and the other features of the SF260 for FSX VC, help to make the overall feeling of immersion second to none!
New Features for Flight Simulator X
- Whole aircraft re-designed from scratch specifically for FSX
- Completely new VC
- New truly 3D gauges that have depth and realism and silky smooth movement
- Two separate VC panels - A left seat panel layout and a right seat panel layout
- Choice of 9 liveries with the ability to fly each from right or left seat
- Convenient quick panel zooms enable effortless zoom in to Radios, IFR instruments and controls
- New super-smooth radio tuning innovation using simple left/right click and drag mouse operation
- Bump mapping on wings show fantastic detail from the VC looking out
- Improved spin and recovery characteristics....the spin now continues with stick centred
- Enhanced Stereo Sounds to take advantage ofthe FSX sound engine
- New enhanced smoke effect, improved gauge backlight at night and improved VC interior graphics
Features from the FS2004 version
- Visible and audible pre and post stall buffeting
- Realistic engine torque effects
- Crystal clear VC gauges with perfectly smooth movement (no more stuttering VC gauges)
- Pilot's head always looks in the direction of flight
- The pilot also scans the sky, keeping an eye out for traffic
- All VC switches and levers can be clicked and manipulated
- New controls added to the VC include pitch trim, park-brake and fuel cut-off
- Magnetic compass moves more realistically than ever before, appearing to be suspended in liquid
Take A Checkride with the RealAir SF260
This demo video shows how flyable the aircraft really is in Flight Simulator X. Whether you want to just cruise above the mountain tops or practice aerobatics, this aircraft does it all.
FS Compatibility - System Requirements
MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X or FS2004
Windows XP or Vista
PLEASE NOTE: All products are priced in US Dollars.
Conversions shown for British Pounds or Euros are approximate based on the current exchange rate and may vary by the time your payment is processed by your bank.