Work on the Airbus X Extended is nearing completion. This fantastic simulation is shaping up to lift the bar on what can be achieved in FSX yet again. Release is promised very soon once the usual last minute glitches are ironed out.
The Airbus A320 family is one of the most successful families of aircraft ever designed. Airbus developed the first mass-produced aircraft to combine fly-by-wire avionics and lightweight composite materials which revolutionized air travel by bringing down airline running costs and making low cost flights viable.
The Airbus X Extended builds on the success of the previous Airbus X product released in 2010 by Aerosoft.
This new version includes far more complex and realistic navigation tools and rewritten fly-by-wire implementation. Every stage of the flight can now be realistically simulated in FSX. It’s the logical step for people who want to explore more complex systems.
Check out the preview videos, screengrabs and feature lists below.
Click on the images below to enlarge.
- Simulation of the Airbus A320 and A321 focused on the day to day operation of the aircraft from the left seat.
- Five models: A320 IAE engines, A320 CFM engines,A321 IAE engines, A321 CFM engines, A320 NEO demonstrator (standard A320 with sharklets).
- Late model cockpit (with LCD and updated ADIRS). Note – we do default to the A321 CFM cockpit for all models (that is is also flown with N1 displays).
- Twenty-one liveries, extensive paint kit. Over 100 additional liveries available on release.
- Sublime modeling/texturing based on the latest technologies. Very easy on frame-rates.
- Landing lights, taxi lights, taxiway turn-off lights created with best technology that actually lights up objects.
- Dozens of non-standard animations, all with sound effects (sun screens, windows, tables, tiller, jump seat, standby compass etc).
- Included web server that allows you to access (and use) the MCDU via any web browser, ideal for tablet computers.
- Automated State Save that saves (and loads) all the aircraft systems when the standard FSX save (load) option is used.
- Extensive options to show ground objects (cones, ground power etc) and to actually provide ground power.
- All doors and cargo hatches can be opened.
- Many systems programmed in XML so allows users to change code.
- Extensive manuals, with highly detailed step by step section.
- Prepared for Airport Enhancement Services. Fully compatible with GSX.
- SDK will be available, LINDA connectivity already in progress.
- Add-in system that allows the aircraft to be extended with 3rd party applications (all using the right MCDU).
- Add-in View system: adds many pre-defined views for easy use, emulates 2D panel views.
- Add-in Sound system: adds hundreds background sounds to enhance the immersion.
- Add-in Checklist system: semi automated audio checklists.
- Fully custom Fly-by-Wire systems with flight envelope protection, stall protection, pitch and roll limiter, g-load limiter, over speed protection, Alpha Floor protection, auto trim. Very nice to manually fly.
- Fully custom Autopilot systems, with full Cat III auto land, VSI, Managed, Heading and Nav modes. VNAV and LNAV included.
- Fully custom Thrust computer systems (FADEC), throttle with detents, flex take-off.
- Full featured MCDU (can be controlled via web browser, for example on tablet computers), can be used with standard keyboard!
- Flight plans supports SIDs, STARs, Holdings, Managed Climbs and Descent and Constraints.
- Comes with NavDataPro (LIDO) navigation database (better coverage then Navigraph) but backwards compatible with Navigraph.
- Complete Runway Awareness and Advisory System included.
- Full featured Quick Access (Data) Recorder (QAR) with 25 hour storage capacity and external display program (data can be exchanged with FS Flight Keeper).
- Full features ADIR system.
- Full feature TCAS system (including audio warnings)
- Full custom bus system, with realistic battery run down and voltages.
- Navigation display with curved lines, decluttering, stopwatch, selected navaid, runway information, stopwatch etc.
Full custom fuel flow, avoiding standard FSX limitations.
- Full custom autobrakes with constant deceleration instead of constant brake pressure.
- Full featured loading and refueling module (interfaced with FSX) with advanced and easy mode.
- Approaching Runway (on ground)
- Approaching Runway (in air)
- On Runway
- Runway End
- Taxiway Take-off
- Insufficient Runway Length
- Extended Holding on Runway
- Approaching Short Runway (in air)
- Taxiway Landing
- Flaps Setting (Take-off and Landing)
- Landing Distance Remaining
- Distance Remaining (Rejected Take-off)
- Excessive Approach Speed
- Excessive Approach Angle
- Unstable Approach
- Altimeter settings (above and below Transition)
- Various background sounds from cabin crew, flight crew and ATC (optional)
- View panel bar to easily switch between various 2D (11) and 3D views (16)
- Contains in total 16 Checklists fromCockpit preparation to Parking
- Checklists mainly start automatic based on the flight situation p. e. the Before Takeoff checklist automatically starts when the plane reaches the runway holding point, Descent Preparation checklist – 9 NM from TOD etc.
- Orally spoken checklist items by the PF and confirmed by the PnF
- Option included that the PnF also performs certain settings (gear up, flaps settings etc.) which are part of the checklists
- Infobar displaying the next action to be taken manually
- Integration of AES functionality (optional) e.g. different pushback procedures if AES is installed
- Speed limiter p. e. if the speed below 10.000 feet exceeds 250 knots the PnF gives a warning and automatically (optional) extends spoilers until the speed is below 250 knots.
- Option to pause FSX 10 NM before TOD or at next waypoint
- Saving of all made settings for the next flight (except CHECKLIST and PnF functionality)
- Ground services (toggle of external objects, chocks, pylons, ground power unit)
- Doors control (controls all doors and hatches)
- Flight Data Recorder controls
- Air Lingus
- Air Asia
- Condor Flugdienst
- Easy Jet
- Swiss Air
- British Airways
- Egypt Air
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- Air Berlin
- Airbus Industries
- Air France
- Swiss Air
- Thomas Cook
- British Airways
- China Southern
- Royal Jordanian
A320 CFM Sharklets
- Airbus Industry demonstrator
- Air Berlin One World (not yet delivered)
- American (not yet delivered)
- Indigo (not yet delivered)
- Lufthansa (not yet delivered)
- Norwegian (not yet delivered)
- Spirit (not yet delivered)
- TAM (not yet delivered)
- Virgin America (not yet delivered)